Friday, May 21, 2010

Essay writing: Challenges and Conquests

Over the course of this year, I have become much more of an experienced writer. I feel more confident in my essays and other writing pieces the more I write. I've come to grasp a better understanding of literary analysis - This year I'm much better at getting all of my thoughts for an essay conveyed through the text, embedding quotes the right way, and following essay formats as told. Writing essays are not one of my favorite things to do in honors English, but it has helped me a lot and I feel much more prepared for my following years of English. The reward of learning literary analysis, is having better confidence in my writing, also.

Some things from the B list, that may be in my essay is being slightly repetitive and possibly being slightly repetitive. My essay thesis was original, but was hard to support all the separate sub topics. I'm looking for ways to change them, because I would love to get an A on this essay. I've worked very hard on it. Though I'm becoming a more experienced writer, I still have some areas of needed improvement... But I'm sure everyone does in some way.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you meant to say slightly repetitive twice. Haha, I agree with everything you said. Well done!

    ReplyDelete