Monday, April 12, 2010

Extra credit Blog - English

My 9th grade Honors English class so far this year, has been much different than I had expected. I took the class hoping for it to be more of a challenge than my previous years of English. It was slightly harder than I had expected it to be, but it has been a positive influence on me and has driven me to work harder. I like the independence we have in the class; We don't always need to have someone else guide us the entire time. When I think back to all of the things we have done in the class this year, I'm really surprised with how much work I've done. I really like some of the things we do in class, certain essays and such. With Mrs. Gilman's class there is always something going on but you never really know what to expect. We do things such as horrible assignments (cough, cough - Great Expectations!...) to more interesting assignments such as annotating To Kill a Mockingbird, etc. I usually find myself having fun in this class. Some of my friends are in the class and there's always something to laugh about. I feel entertained (Great Expectations skits?) Overall, English has always been one of my favorite subjects in school and I feel like this years honors English class has encouraged me to push myself to do good in my following years of English and to finish off this year strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment